Every post on Short Weeks – Long Weekends is crafted from personal experiences, and tries to bring out the essence of enjoying the little big things in life. Through this blog we aim to inspire people to follow their own dreams and embrace new experiences. Here’s how we help connect our readers with the right brands:
Blogging and Freelance Work
SWLW is open to freelance projects, including but not limited to travel and food blogging in other media/print publications. We are open to discussing invitations and collaboration opportunities including guest post from tourism boards, travel and other lifestyle related companies.
By partnering with tourism boards and other travel industry companies we will assist in showcasing destinations, accommodations or products to readers that focuses on local experiences. We offer real-time updates on social networks, blog posts featuring our experiences and tips. We will make ourselves available to work with you to build a new campaign or join an existing one.
If you are interested in working with us on either option above or another project please contact us direct via our Contact Us page.
We seek original writing and photography that speaks to adventure seekers, foodies and lovers of life of from all walks of life around the world.
- Familiarize yourself with our site so you can have an idea of what we like to publish.
- Use the search function to review existing content in order to avoid submitting similar stories we have already published.
- Payment – standard payment is $25, depending on article type and length. (Higher rates may be offered in special circumstances) Payments are made via PayPal the first Friday of each month for all content published by the 25th of the previous month.
Sending in your draft
- Send an original draft (max 1500 words). Check spelling, punctuation, grammar, and facts. Submissions sent with numerous errors will not be considered for publication.
- Please do NOT embed photos in your submission document; simply indicate that photos are available upon request. If submitting a photo essay or other image-based piece, provide a link to a Flickr gallery or other URL where the images are viewable.
- Submissions received without all info requested will not be considered.
- Send submission via email to firstname.lastname@example.org